Skimmer or second suction port at floor?

keithk

Jul 11, 2010
Well, it usually happens after I get the pool up, my mind starts to wonder about what I could do to improve the pool. Last year I ditched the POS pump that came with the pool and got a sand filter, this year I cut the liner to utilize the larger intake and discharge. I've been thinking about adding a second intake a couple inches above the floor to help keep the floor clean, but know wondering if maybe I should get about a skimmer, then still adding the second intake. I've also thought about hard piping and getting rid of the hoses. If I hard pipe everything, I've got to deal with the Intex sand filter threads, but I would have the nuts from the plunger valves. Thoughts, suggestions? I've searched the site and bookmarked all the threads that would be useful. If I were to get a skimmer, suggestions on what kind? Pool info in the signature. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.