Looking for manual vacuum recommendations

Kelleyaynn

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Wilmington, DE
The automatic vacuum that came with the pool in our "new" house does a decent job, but won't stay in the shallow end, and brushing the debris from there to the deeper end is a pain and doesn't work very well. I think my solution will be to use the Zodiac for most of the pool, then a manual vacuum for the shallow end and steps. I'm looking for recommendations. I've seen a few that will attach to the skimmer pole, are independent of the pool systems, and run on a rechargeable battery. That seems like the ideal, but I'd like to hear what others have to say. I've seen vacuum heads that attach to tubes and the skimmer pole, but I don't know if they would fit on the tubes I have for my Zodiac.

Thanks!

Kelley

Most vacuum hoses are the same size as the tubes Zodiac uses (1 1/2"). I use mine attached to a manual vacuum head. The vacuum head attaches to my telescoping pool poll and the tubes connect the vacuum head to the hole in the skimmer using the valve cuff that came with my Zodiac Ranger pool cleaner.

I used the Pool Blaster Catfish with a ladies' knee high in the bag instead of the sand and silt bag. Gets fine dust and dead algae quite well. Other than that, I use a manual vacuum head with my auto vac hose all the time. Most manual vacuum heads I've seen work with either 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch hoses.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.