Regular pressure question

May 26, 2012
Hey guys I just cleaned all the grids and put earth in and my psi is at 30 was wondering if that a regular running psi or what. Wanted to know what's everyone's psi is during a normal running?

Each pool is different but yours is too high. 12-20 psi is normal for many, if not most, pools and 30 psi would indicate a blockage on the pressure side. Does your gauge return to zero when you turn off the pump?

I am not familiar enough with DE filters to help but something is restricting the flow, I think. What do your returns feel like when you put your hand in front of them. There shouldn't be much pressure if there is a clog.

That's a good sign. Do you have any idea what the normal psi has been in the past? I would say it is a defective gauge but defective gauges normally don't return to zero when you turn off the pump.

If you want to pursue it further, replace the gauge anyway. They are less than $10 and readily available at any pool store.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.