2 big white areas in liner in the deep end

May 17, 2012
tn
Our liner is not quite one yr old and I have been shocking my pool for over a week now with bleach. The deep end is finally clear but now I see on both sides of the deep end big white areas which i thought were algae but look like faded spots in the liner. But only on bottom on both sides not in middle and nowhere else is faded in the pool liner. Could this be due to excessively high shock level? What would cause this to happen. Faulty liner? I think it has a 5 yr warranty.

It could be calcium scale, or damage from adding either acid or chlorine added when the pump was off. If it was from high chlorine levels in the pool generally it wouldn't be only in those two spots.

Calcium scale will be rough and scrape off with effort. Bleach/acid damage would feel just like the rest of the vinyl.

Well pump has always been on when adding bleach. Haven't added any acid. One of kids had dumped a cinder block in deep end sometime over winter. I wondered if that had anything to do w it. I tried brushing but to no avail. Really puzzled.

Liner warranty does not cover fade..Put a dark liner in a couple yrs. ago.Filled it up about a foot&within that week it had already faded..Ugg..Was so done at the time & just filled it up &been swimming in it..The whole thing is faded to a light blue ..

What causes calcium scaling? Is it high ph level? Would debris that had been sitting in deep end all winter cause it? The pool was left uncovered all winter so it was exposed to everything however we had a very mild winter

claymerica said:
What causes calcium scaling? Is it high ph level? Would debris that had been sitting in deep end all winter cause it? The pool was left uncovered all winter so it was exposed to everything however we had a very mild winter
I'm not the exp. one here.But,I would say it didn't help it..I preach to all my pool friend's.If you going to have a pool.Alway's winterize&cover up.Less problem's&less work to do come pool opening..My water is alway's clear when I pool my cover off.Just top pool off & check water & shock..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.