Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Greetings from WNY

1. Back To Top    #1

Greetings from WNY

Just found this site and I am looking forward to some Q&A.

Have a ~35,000 gal in ground vinyl pool. Currently has the winter cover on it, but I will open it in early May.
    30,000 gallon vinyl / Starite pump, Sys 2 cartridge, Max-E-Therm 333k heater / Bioguard SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome to TFP!
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi 19 welcome to TFP There is all the help here you will need and it is real quick.
    On the home page at the top there is a black bar index with a topic " The Stickies " Win you have some time read these. Read "what info in your post when asking for help" this will help us help you. Also try to get as much info in your signature as you can this will also help. Again Welcome the answers are waiting.
    Ric W
    My Pool
    8605 gal fiberglass, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, aquabot cleaner, heat siphon heat pump, tiger river(sumatran) spa

4. Back To Top    #4
    Updated sig.

I am active on many boards (this is the first pool forum) So I am used to sticky's searches, etc.

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Bill
    30,000 gallon vinyl / Starite pump, Sys 2 cartridge, Max-E-Therm 333k heater / Bioguard SWG

5. Back To Top    #5
    Welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Red Wings, eh? Looking good so far. Western NY???? Well, at least you're not a Sabres fan. Die hard Caniac here. We have a hockey thread going on in the Coffee Bar section. Feel free.
    CaryB
    36 x 18 IG vinyl, 25K, 1 HP pump, sand filter
    1 skimmer, 2 returns, no main drain
    Old school: PoolSolutions test kit

7. Back To Top    #7
    Welcome to TFP
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Where abouts in WNY? We lived in Lancaster for about 2 years and said enough of that and moved right back to southern Arizona again... Been back for almost a year now and loving every minute of the Arizona climate and our new pool! Good luck to you!
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyleager
    Red Wings, eh? Looking good so far. Western NY???? Well, at least you're not a Sabres fan. Die hard Caniac here. We have a hockey thread going on in the Coffee Bar section. Feel free.
    Diehard Wings fan, moved here about 10 years ago so I support the Sabres (you lucked out we lost so many defensemen a couple years back).

See you in the bar later...

10. Back To Top    #10

Greeting from Central New York.

Won't open my pool until mid May.
    Hotrod30

20 X 40 foot vinyl Borates and Salt Pool
    Rolachem Chlorine Feeder
    Hayward 27 inch sand filter with 80 lbs of pea gravel
    Jacuzzi Splash Pak SP55 DE filter in parallel
    Pentair VF3050 pump

11. Back To Top    #11
    Welcome! This is truly a great site and so far most of the people are friendly and helpful!
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

12. Back To Top    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 19redwings
    Diehard Wings fan, moved here about 10 years ago so I support the Sabres (you lucked out we lost so many defensemen a couple years back).
    Ha, now that's funny right there! Yep, Sabres fans will go to their grave believing that.............and most probably never win a cup with the current owner.
    CaryB
    36 x 18 IG vinyl, 25K, 1 HP pump, sand filter
    1 skimmer, 2 returns, no main drain
    Old school: PoolSolutions test kit

13. Back To Top    #13

In the Industry
    I had to laugh at the responses to this post.

When I first saw the username, I thought, "I wonder how long it will take "Ivyleaguer" or "Marillion Fan" to respond to the Redwing reference? Marillion, you're slipping...Cary beat you by a bunch!!!

I am not a hockey fan but I can sure detect true passion. I enjoy reading ya'lls hockey posts and I don't even recognize 10% of the players' names.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

14. Back To Top    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by 19redwings
    Ha, now that's funny right there! Yep, Sabres fans will go to their grave believing that.............and most probably never win a cup with the current owner.
    Truer words have never been spoken!

BTW, Parents and sister were in Raleigh for a period. Sister has converted to a 'Canes fan. Went to a game when I visited. You have a great arena and I love the Scorpions rockin it for the beginning of the games!

I am glad I am not from here. Probably would have hung myself from the Bills/Sabres (Dallas, Carolina, Ottawa) debacles.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!