Possible Liner Problem?

Jun 20, 2009
Princeton, WV
The DH decided to drain the pool this year to clean it because we don't have a winter cover and he doesn't close it properly. He was unable to finish before he had to go out of town. Therefore, it has been sitting with approx 1/2" of water in the corners for the past week and it will probably be next weekend before he gets home. Last week it was overcast and rainy, but since Friday , sunny and mid 80's. I am worried the liner will become dry and brittle from this exposure. Will it help any if I wet it down with the water hose during these sunny days, or is it unlikely that a couple of weeks will hurt it?

Re: Possible Liner Problem? New pic added.

Thank you so much for your replies. I was physically unable to work on it before he got home. He finished yesterday and started refilling. We have a vacuum hose between the liner and wall, but the liner has pulled away from the wall at the bottom, especially the side the sun hits most. There is only approx 3" of water in it now. Is it too soon to tell, or is this a lost cause?

Attachments

• pool 038.jpg
    pool 038.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 107
Thank you again! The liner is against the wall now. Just one more question. The only difference I can see is the fact that the bottom seam is 1 ft up the wall on 3 sides, and on the floor on the above side. Is this going to be a problem?

Fill'r Up&take a swim.....That's what happen's when you drain a pool..The liner could have shift'd.But, most likely it has been like that all along.Can't see how it could have moved that much&to be even on the other 3 side's.Other's would know more than me..I changed the last one out&said I will never do again..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.