New Compupool SWG Pre-install questions

Jun 12, 2010
Lewes, Delaware
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, I am relative newcomer to this site but love it. Have used it over last few summers to master BBB method with great success but am now making the leap to SWG. Just got my new Compupool SWG and am totally over whelmed.

I have a few questions for you masters of the pool universe. First, as I am not comfortable doing electrical work myself, am I better hiring an electrician or a pool service company to install this thing for me? Secondly, as I live in the NE, pool had been closed and covered since early last fall ie it's dirty under there and will be worse when we remove the cover. Should I get the pool up and running on BBB method with chlorine, etc before I have SWG installed?

So you are saying it is fine to take off the pool cover and just start running the newly installed SWG before the water is balanced? In other threads it seemed like people were opening their pools for the season, cleaning them up and balancing with BBB method and then installing SWG and adding salt.

As far as the install, I totally get that I need to hire it done but the question for me is - electrician or pool repair type person?

Thanks for the feedback - just need clarification.

Doing the install any time is fine. You don't want to actually run the SWG until it has been 24 since you added salt, and preferably adjusted some of the other levels appropriately.

Unless you are doing all of the plumbing yourself, get a pool service guy. Actually, best to get a pool service person regardless as not all regular electricians know all of the special rules for swimming pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.