Automatic cleaner and stone raised wall - PICS ADDED

adamwahl

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2012
wilmington De
We are considering and auto cleaner and have been studying the recommend ones here. one question I have not come across is how stacked stone at water line would effect them? Was looking at the dolphin or aquabot turb t4, the pool is gunite with peblefina finish then stacked stone and has a surface that is jagged - how would this work with the cleaner?
here are some picturesthat should show what I have - Thanks for all the help
p9.jpg

p10.jpg

p8.jpg

Re: Automatic cleaner and stone raised wall

If the stone is smooth enough to put your hand on, or more than an inch or two above the water line, it shouldn't be an issue. The robot will try to clean whatever is directly at the water line. If it is sharp that could be a problem. However, anything sharp enough to bother the cleaner is going to be sharp enough to bother people as well, so shouldn't be there in the first place.

Re: Automatic cleaner and stone raised wall

Thanks for the input Jason - the stone is not flat, the pieces are one inch high and stacked going in and out to form the wall, some pieces stick out a half inch or so - giving the appearance of Random pieces. I am not sure I am explains this right - you see stacked stone on many buildings or walls today.. It goes a few inches bellow the water line and up the the copping all around the pool. I will post some pictures latter today.

I think recent model dolphin could handle your walls with the combo brush - although I don't think it would clean the surface as well as normal tile. You'll have to do your own testing though.

adamwahl - Your pool design is almost EXACTLY what I'm trying to accomplish! I have a few questions, if you don't mind. What is the stone material on the raised wall? We there any particular issues with placing it at/below the water line? Did you figure out the robot question? If so, I'd love to know what you got & how it does with the stone.

I'm working on a similar pool with a raised stone wall, waterfalls coming off this, and an automatic cover. I'm excited to see your pictures!

I think that stone would quickly wear out any of the 3 Dolphin style brushes (PVC, combo, or wonder brush) and they are expensive to replace. On the higher end Dolphin (M5) you can set the robot to just clean the floor which actually gets the floor and anything else up to actual vertical.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.