Shallow end - Liner Pierced on bottom

thadius65

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
My pool was installed this past fall. Just noticed today while swimming some sharp bumps on floor of shallow end. This was a poured concrete bottom with vinyl on top. One spot is actually pierced, the other very close to being so. How should I address this? Is this PB issue, or ?? Is there enough pressure to keep water from leaking out? I have not noticed any drop.

Thanks,

Ted

The pool builder should have left you some scrap vinyl that matched your pattern for patching, all it takes is cutting out a small roundish piece and glueing it down with vinyl glue (takes a couple of minutes to set up, so must be held in place until that happens, so it is easy enough to do in the shallow end, much harder in the deep end unless you have scuba gear.

This is very troubling. Since finding the few, I have found half a dozen or so spots where something is under liner in shallow end. One is very colse to transition from floor to wall, where ther is some play in liner, which could mean loss of water and potential damage. will be calling PB in the morning. This was the primary reason I was hesitant about poured vs dry pack horizontal surfaces.

What should I expect from PB?

Any thoughts on what I should expect from PB? Considering this was installed at a time non-useable, this is the "shakedown cruise". I am a bit peeved at the thought of several holes on the bottom of an area one stands in and feeling patches if that is the direction this goes. Thoughts?

No way to know what the PB will do until you talk to them.

Demand the most (fix the rough concrete and replace liner) and hope for something? I have no idea what your warranty period on the work was.

So if the water is drained to deep end only, pulls back the liner and the PB corrects any issues with poured concrete surface, patches liner...... what are the chances of getting the 8' step cutout back in same spot, aligned and reset as it should be?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
PB is going to drain down to deep end. The will go under liner without removing from skimmer or stairs to avoid re-alignment issues. They will clean/fix concrete, patch underneath liner, replace and fill. This all to occur while we are away to avoid loss of use. This sound acceptable?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.