High FC and TC: Is this a problem?

moyer02

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 11, 2010
Pensacola, FL
I have a new variable speed pump (which I love due to drastic improvement in electric bills) and I run it for ten hours at 1500rpm. I also have my SWG on for ten hours and it is set at 20%. I always have high FC (usually 10-15). All other tests are normal and my water is crystal clear. I can get the FC/TC down if I set my SWG to zero for a day or two. But should I care? Here are my numbers using the TF-100:

FC: 13
CC: 00
TC: 13

PH: 7.6
T/A: 110
CH: 200
CYA: 60
TEMP: 88
SAND FILTER PSI: 5

POOL LOAD LOW: usually me and the wifey :)

Your opinions greatly appreciated![attachment=0:1rdj6mrz]pool2may2012.JPG[/attachment:1rdj6mrz]

Attachments

• pool2may2012.JPG
    pool2may2012.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 42
duraleigh, the IC-40 without an automation system can only be adjusted in steps of 20%.

You have a couple of choices. You can live with the somewhat too high FC level, you can get a Pentair branded automation system so you can adjust the percentage in 1% steps, you can shorten the pump run time, or you can get a separate timer and have it turn off the SWG for part of the time the pump is running.

Guess I'll just set my timer to run the SWG for 8 hours instead of 10 and see what happens. I think I still need to run the pump for 10 hours since I run it at such a low rpm. Not wanting to invest in an automation system at this time...Thanks for all the comments.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.