The vacuume hose goes where?

jen088

May 13, 2012
Back with more silly questions on my above ground 12x3 Intex. You may say that as a newbie, there is no silly question, but I say this seems pretty silly to me. When I bought my pool, I also bought a "cleaning kit." You know the type... for beginners with the net, pole, brush, and it has a vinyl liner vacuume and long hose. I know you put the pole and hose on the vacuume. Saw a video on how to fill the hose with water, but where exactly is this hose supposed to hook up to, to vacuume my pool bottom? Is there some mystery piece of equipment I was supposed to know I had to buy to make the silly thing work?

Thanks again.

The vacuum hose plugs into the hole in the bottom of the skimmer. You often have to remove the skimmer basket, though fancier systems include a plate that fits over the skimmer basket with the appropriate sized connection for the vacuum hose.

Perhaps you could post a picture of your "plastic covering that sucks water into the filter" thing. They make several different variations of that part. All of the ones I have seen either have a hole in the bottom that the hose can plug into, or a cover that goes over the top which has a connector that the hose can attach to.

On an Intex it can be tricky to get a vacuum to work. What I had to do before I had to do on my old Intex that had no skimmer was to just unscrew the screen from the intake opening and the suction of the pump would hold the hose in the intake hole.

Ok, so you are right Jamison04. It doesn't pick much of anything up though and I have to attempt to hold the hose while I vacuume... pretty sure my neighbor was giggling at me. Piece of Crud if you ask me and a total waste of money. Anyhow, I still need something that will vacuume the bottom. Do any of the battery operated (inexpensive-ish) vacs work?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.