Dog step?

I'm drawing a blank on this one... I have several thoughts about diff options. Do you have an idea if you want it to be something somewhat permanent or something that can be folder up, collapsed or removed all together when not needed?

Temporary. Something we can put in the pool when the dog wants to play. I was thinking about a platform at water level, connected to the rungs on the ladder, but I don't know how to make something like that. Maybe treated wood & a PVC frame? I treated lumber bad to have in a pool (chemicals)?

Very clever ladder Mark! We have DIY disease and your project gives me food for thought. I'm currently looking for purchased steps, especially for the dog, but perhaps my PVC guru and I can adapt your idea for stairs. In the past she was able to climb the vertical ladder (crazy Border Collie) but she's had both knees replaced and I'd like a better option. Oh, and Grandma would be happy too!

Well what I was thinking about was a platform that latched onto a rung of the ladder that's under the water so it would be 6-12 inches below the water surface that way the dog could swim up to it and be able to climb up/step onto it and then be able to jump up to the ladder platform from there.
Something plastic like the top platform off of an Intex ladder. Somehow hooked over and has legs to support it against a lower rung similar how you used the all thread to support the outside of the ladder.

We used the Skamper Ramp in the past...Worked great with a little modification :)

crystalclear_2211_97690283

http://www.theuncommondog.com/Produ...0_f0526_0210&gclid=CODZhKv_obACFQS0nQodWWArVw

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.