Pool cleaner for larger pool

bpricedo

Silver Supporter
May 20, 2012
I am planning a 50 x 22 freeform pool. The first PB wants to include a Polaris 280 with booster pump. What about a two speed pump and Pentair Legend II just to keep things simpler (one less pump)?

Also some talk of pressure cleaners not doing well on larger/longer pools, is that true? I have read recommendations for robot cleaners with a pool length like I am planning.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rather than the shape of your pool, it's the size of your pool that I would consider to be w-a-a-y too large for either cleaner you mentioned. You need a robot for an 1100 sq ft pool.

I have a blue diamond for my 1250 sq ft pool and it has to run four 4.5 hours to clean my pool correctly. My next cleaner will be a robot but bigger (faster) than the Blue Diamond.

Sorry. I overlooked "freeform".

That suction side legend (and I'm guessing at all these numbers) might clean your pool well in 5 hours or so. The 280 perhaps in 2 hours. A decent sized robot (I do like my Blue Diamond....it's just a little too small) might do the same job in 90 minutes or less.

Suction sides dirty up the pump strainer basket and filter...280 and robots make you clean the bag....I'm not sure which one is more painful. In the end, you have to make the call.

I have a 684 (31000 gallon) in ground pool with vinyl liner. What pool cleaner would you recommend that won't harm the liner and won't require any additional pump? My pool has shallow end (about 3.5 - 4.0 ft deep) and deep end (about 9.5 - 10 ft deep).

I'm considering having them put in the line for a pressure cleaner and give me room on the pad for the booster, but thinking more and more about the robot. I do like the 4 year warranty on the Blue diamond robot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.