We've Got Water!

The builder came out the other day and marked off spots of the gunite that will be redone to make the pool symmetrical. I was happy because I was worried about a few things that looked a little off. The bad news is that the tile we wanted is no where to be found so we had to pick another combination. Hopefully, this won't set our schedule back to far.

OK, now I'm going crazy because the pool has literally sat for seven days without anyone touching it. Part of the problem was that the tile we picked out was nonexistent and the tile place didn't tell the PB until the day before the tile was supposed to go in. But we reordered and were set for the gunite to be touched up as well as the tile to start this week and now nothing. It seems that pools could actually be built faster if the work could all get lined up.

Vandal said:
It seems that pools could actually be built faster if the work could all get lined up.

If the stars align and there is enough money involved, things can happen very fast. A very wealthy client of mine made a pool happen in two weeks. It doubled his price, and he lost some control, but it was an amazing thing to go from plain backyard to landscaped with pool wonderland in two weeks. All to have a pool in for a party the wife wanted to throw. (and she threw a heck of a party).

It's been some time since I've updated, but they are supposed to do the final inspection today and then the WetEdge tomorrow. I'll post some recent pictures soon.

The electrical went in on Monday, and I'm not happy with how the conduit going to our main looks -- it's pretty crooked -- and the outlet on the pad is loose. I told the PB and he was going to check on it for me today.

Well we had a windy day that delayed the Wetedge, but we passed inspection so we're ready to go. They are supposed to be doing the Wetedge today, acid wash and fill tomorrow. The PB is coming out on Monday to get the pool chemistry balanced. I think we have to wait 28 days before turning on the SWG so it will be traditional at first.

Vandal,

It looks like progress is being made again. You should be swimming very soon.

he electrical went in on Monday, and I'm not happy with how the conduit going to our main looks -- it's pretty crooked -- and the outlet on the pad is loose.

We love pictures of electrical installations!!

Errrrr, at least I do. :oops:

Titanium

Ready for the Deck

2561876182_a9ca1995f9.jpg

Deck

2561876476_7a36c3051c.jpg

Deck 2

2561053573_e37ec3b46b.jpg

Can't Wait

2561053791_51ce95917c_o.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's done, for the most part. I'll post final pics soon, but I thought I would add a few "lessons" for anyone new coming along in the future.

The 4x160 was leaking and the PB discovered a hairline crack in the socket for the flow meter. It should be a warranty issue.

The electrical subcontractor is something. He ran conduit up to my main for the feed but it's the worst conduit run I've seen in a long time and is crooked. Even the PB said it was unacceptable after I told him about it. That should be fixed soon.

Another electrical note: The board for the SunTouch remote was the wrong one. It's now been replaced.

Yet more electrical foibles: I noticed that the Intellichlor and SunTouch were not communicating and told the PB about it. The PB said the electrician left off the communication cable because I could just control the Intellichlor manually. So, what's the point in having automation, I asked? Plus, I think you can get more accurate control of the SWG from the panel then manually and you can actually turn it down to zero output. You can also program different salt levels than the 20%, 30%, etc. You get more control this way. The PB agreed. The electrician is going to fix that, too.

Why? I ask, why? Why would someone think it's OK to give the customer less service than is expected? Give me everything I paid for and then let me decide what to do with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.