things to know and do before you own the pool?

wyntyrose

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2012
Phenix City, AL
My husband and I will be closing soon our our first home. The home has an in ground vinyl liner pool with salt water system. Our realtor is getting me the exact spec's on the pool. Having never owned a "real" pool, I would love to get ideas and suggestion on what to do before it is ours. Once we get closer to move in I will be ordering the suggested kit but what other things are good to know beforehand. Thank you!
I am sure you will be getting lots of questions from me.

1. Order a good test kit.
2. Read Pool School.

See links in my signature.

You will be way ahead of the game with the knowledge gained by reading. And the test kit will let you immediately take control of the pool.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

If there is a maze of above ground pipes and valves and they are not labeled, I'd do my best to get the current owner to walk me thru what is what. Other than that, take some pics, post here, and the gurus will figure it out.

jblizzle said:
1. Order a good test kit.
2. Read Pool School.

Second^^^^^

Also, I know how busy getting ready to close and move can be, but if you can find the time, just read some of these threads. You'd be amazed at how many times the same problems happen over and over. You'll learn a ton by reading about the struggles (and solutions) of others.

I am reading and reading and reading. Not only are we closing on our first home we are also moving to the area as we are an Army family. I figure by starting now I will have at least a basis in my head before the craziness of movers, end of school, road trip and closing occur. Thank you everyone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.