fillin my sand filter with water

Jul 5, 2008
Bucyrus, Ohio
Ok new liner in...went alot better than I expected..I am about 3" below the return so I know if I ope the valvle to the pump it will fill when it gets to the right level....My question though is this...to fill the filter what do I set the top of my Hayward system to to allow the filter to fill with water?

I always just stick garden hose in filter head where pool Skimmer hose attaches to filter head and go easy with water pressure at first, this is the best way to prime it,that way its ready to rock when level comes up or just hook everything up and set hayward to filter it will trickle in.....hope this helps......good luck

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

With an aboveground pool the pump and filter are normally below the waterline so once you open the valves and set the multiport to filter it will start filling with water. You can open the air bleed valve if your filter has one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.