Need Help - Water In - Not sure about when to put cover on..

Jun 4, 2011
We just finished our beautiful pool! We are soooo excited! It is inground; sport pool; about 24,000 gallons; 3'9" - 5' - 4'.

The truck came out last night to fill the pool (8:15 - 10:00PM)!! YEAH FOR US!

It was pumped in at 54 degrees. BRRRRR.....

We live in Maryland -- and thankfully, have some nice warm days coming up (in the high 80s / low 90s). My son has a birthday party next Saturday so we are trying to warm the pool as quickly as possible.

They are coming out on Tuesday or Wednesday to do the startup / balance the chemicals. So -- we have a few days to wait until we can get that pump running. We have to brush 2x a day for 2 weeks -- but I'm not sure when to put the cover on....

MY QUESTIONS: In order to get it heated as quickly as possible, are we better off putting the solar cover on NOW -- 24x7??? Can we do that before the pool filters/pumps are started (we have 2-3 days before that will be done)???

THANK YOU SO MUCH! THIS IS SUCH A GREAT SITE! Soooo many of my decisions were made based on TONs of reading on this site! :)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 29
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 29
Re: Need Help - Water In - Not sure about when to put cover

You want to solar cover on at night. If you don't mind the extra work there are some small advantages to having the cover off during the day, and it is much prettier to look at :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.