Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First test after refilling pool

1. Back To Top    #1

First test after refilling pool

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to empty and clean my pool. It's fiberglass, so I high pressure washed it when it was empty.

I also just got a tfp test kit and a magnetic stirrer, and took my first test today this morning.
    date 11-Apr
    fc ppm 1
    cc ppm 0.5
    tc 1.5
    ph 7.2
    ta 90
    ch 80
    cya 0
    temp 84

fc was better yesterday, but the kids were in the pool all afternoon, and the cover was off. I added some Cl after taking this test.

I am not worried about ch since its a fiberglass pool, and I expect the ch to slowly rise.

I put in a little CYA on Thurs, but obviously not enough yet. I also know you are supposed to wait a week until the CYA test, but I did not put very much in yet. I have a sock with a few lbs of stabilizer in the skimmer right now.

BTW, the magnetic stirrer is very cool, makes it easy to run these tests.

Randy
    20,000 gal fiberglass pool, Raypak 266k BTU Lo Nox gas heater, Purex 2048 48 sq ft DE filter, 1.5hp pump. iWave wireless remote, Pulsafeeder chlorine pump, Safety cover on most of the time

seperate spa, with own pump, cartridge filter, Teledyne heater

2. Back To Top    #2
    Your numbers look good!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Your numbers look good!
    Thanks. We'll see what they look like next weekend,when I measure the CYA again.

Randy
    20,000 gal fiberglass pool, Raypak 266k BTU Lo Nox gas heater, Purex 2048 48 sq ft DE filter, 1.5hp pump. iWave wireless remote, Pulsafeeder chlorine pump, Safety cover on most of the time

4. Back To Top    #4

New numbers from this morning
    I measured the spa too. CYA might be a little below 20, tube was full, and I could see a very faint outline of the dot.

pool
    date 20-Apr
    fc ppm 1.5
    cc ppm 0.5
    tc 2
    ph 7.3
    ta 90
    ch 80
    cya 20
    temp 73

spa
    date 20-Apr
    fc ppm 5.5
    cc ppm 0.5
    tc 6
    ph 7.6
    ta 80
    ch 90
    cya 30
    temp 70

5. Back To Top    #5

I thought with a fiberglass pool you should not empty the water, as ground pressure may cause it to cave in, or hydrostatic pressure may cause it to pop up?
    OH TWINS
    San Juan 8500 gal Fiberglass Pool, Sta-Rite Max-E 1 HP pump, Star-Rite System 3 Cartridge Filter 300 sq. ft,
    Sta-Rite Max-E 200,000 BTU gas heater, Aqua Logic SWG with P-4 panel. Goldline wireless remote control,
    3 Jandy Neverlube Valves with Goldline motorized control, iRobot Verro 500 pool cleaner
    5 Poolstar 1000 LED Lights, LED strip light at waterfall, Prozone Ozonator PZ7 with degasser column,
    Jandy Auto Waterfill, Aquamatic motorized pool cover, Poolbuster Max CC handheld vacuum.

6. Back To Top    #6
    True, it is best not to empty a fiberglass pool. You can often get away with it, but there is always some risk of significant damage.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School