Question about taylor and rebranded test kits

May 17, 2012
I have a Leslie Pool "Deluxe Poolcare DPD Test Kit" item number 18-547. The label also says "Manufactured for Leslie's by Taylor Technologies, Inc". The Chlorine test reagents are labeled R-0001, R-0002, and R-0003 and the test cell / color comparitor thingy appears to hold 5ml (maybe 4.5ml) of water in the chlorine cell.

The test directions included with the kit call for 5 drops of R-0001 and 5 drops of R-0002. I was reading the "Extended Test Kit Directions" thread and it talked about using a 9ml sample of water and 5 drops of R-0001 and 5 drops of R-0002.

Given that this is twice the water my kit calls for, I assume my Taylor reagents are not the same as that in other Taylor kits. In other words not all R-0001 / R-0002's are created equally. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Man that is weird then...

Here are 2 pics - first is the block cell filled to the full line (bottom of the miniscus). Then I poured that liquid into the larger vial included in the kit for TA testing as it is graduated on the side. You can see that the liquid comes up to the 5ml mark.

I also poured from the block into a medicine measuring spoon (only thing I had handy to measure that small amount) and it too appears to be about 5ml....

photo1.jpg
photo2.jpg

Strange, I have an identical in appearance vial and it is 9 ml. Perhaps they have changed it. Mine is a few years old.

Using the same reagent with a smaller vial will still work. The colors will be more saturated, which might even help. You might also be able to do the test with three drops instead of five to save on reagents.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.