Pool Pilot plumbing questions

Feb 8, 2008
Milford, CT
I notice the manual of the Pool Pilot digital says the manifold uses 2" plumbing. Currently I have 1.5" on my return side.

Also noticed AutoPilot sells manifold union kits, one of which seems to be a 2" to 1.5" reducing union. Does this mean I can use the setup with 1.5" plumbing?

Would it be worth it to convert my return plumbing to 2"? (Obviously Im talking only at the equipment pad, not underground)

I have 2 separate returns, fed off a Jandy 3 way valve. The Jandy CAN take a 2" inlet, right now Im only sending it 1.5"

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

It is very easy to use an AutoPilot manifold with 1.5" plumbing, all you need are a pair of 1.5" to 2" adapters and two short sections of 2" pipe. There are some advantages to switching your plumbing to 2", at least in the area you are going to have to work on anyway, but it isn't required.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.