Knob on top step and pulsator jet

May 25, 2012
Syracuse, NY
New pool owner and have a few questions. There is this knob on the top step halfway in the water. Any idea what it is or what I do with it?

Also, on each side of the steps, there are jets, I think pulsator jets, are they supposed to be spinning or stationary? They don't move by themselves right now...but I can turn them easily.

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

I don't know enough about the jets to know if they're supposed to spin or not.

Have you tried opening the 'knob' to see what it does? It looks like an air injection port but it's a bit low. I'd slowly open it and see what happens.

The knob when opened seems to blow out water with low pressure, but it would seem to be an air intake for the pulsator jets?

Something that may be related...I have main drain, skimmer, then two jets by steps and another jet by deep end ladder. Near the pump, there us a return labelled jets, but it makes no sense...any idea what the third return could be for?

photo.jpg

Ah yes, got them mixed up, so main drain, skimmer, then two jets by steps and another jet by deep end ladder. Near the pump, there us a suction labelled jets. I don't see anywhere I would hook up a suction side cleaner though maybe into that knob in middle of steps...

Found this guy taking a dip today...

554703_10151769216545648_543555647_24538008_623781181_n.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.