How to keep power cords. Safe from lawn mowers

Jan 23, 2012
Minnesota
So I am wondering what others have done to keep the cords safe from being tripped over or mowed over? We have a very tiny yard and where very limited to where we could put our pool and now the cords have about one yard from pool to outlet just laying on top of the grass. I read in the manual your not to bury them, so what do I do? :(

Mine just lays across the grass. The outlet (GFCI <- Very important) is up on the deck so the cord is run down one side and then over to the pump cord. It's not the best setup but it will have to do until we get our permanent pool. I do all the yard work so it's pretty easy for me to remember where it is, I just unplug the pump when I get to the backyard and plug it back in once I'm done with everything.

For the main walkway, I use "FDA approved" Clear Vinyl Tubing I got from lowes,cut it down the middle, squeeze the cables in, and bury what is normally walked on. Anything that will protect it from rocks will work, they are already waterproof. Although this most likely wont work for "code", if your looking to be on the up and up. But even if you use conduit, and you don't look up what the "code" is for swimming pool and electricity, you may already be breaking laws. :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.