Cloudy water wont uncloudy ..

Just a thought here but Ive seen the O.P state several times that his "low salt" light is continually on. Id guess that one of your problems in the beginning at least is that your SWCG could have not been generating anything when you were running in "super-chlorinate". Mine has a 4 level indication (green, green flashing, red flashing and red) and when it gets to the lowest indication it shuts off.
Wasnt sure if anyone had brought this up or not but it might be something to look into when you get balanced and start expecting the swcg to maintain FC levels.

tjwaggoner said:
Just a thought here but Ive seen the O.P state several times that his "low salt" light is continually on. Id guess that one of your problems in the beginning at least is that your SWCG could have not been generating anything when you were running in "super-chlorinate". Mine has a 4 level indication (green, green flashing, red flashing and red) and when it gets to the lowest indication it shuts off.
Wasnt sure if anyone had brought this up or not but it might be something to look into when you get balanced and start expecting the swcg to maintain FC levels.

Yes, the low salt light was on. According to the manual, this SWG needs about 3500ppm to work effectively. My tests showed under 3000ppm. So I added a full bag and maybe .. half of another. I didnt do another test after but it should be around 3500 - 3750 or so. A few hours later, the light went off and its been running great :)

Thanks for the help just the same though :)

Soooo .... the pool looks great. Been having a blast with it.

HOWEVER .... just in time for it to be working .. I gotta go out of town for about 12 days. What is the process that I should use to keep the pool in tip top shape for my glorious return? :p

Should I keep the solar cover on it?

My pump has a few settings for it to run: 24 hours / 18 hours / 12 hours / 6 hours. What setting should I leave it run on?

On my SWG, I have 6 settings: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / Super Chlorinate (1 being the lowest level). I usually have it on 3 and dont have any issues. Should I leave it as is or bump it up a bit to ensure I have enough chlorine created?

I think thats enough questions for now. I may have more depending on the answers :D

Thanks a metric TON everyone :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.