Hayward H350 Ignition and Mode button problem

coilerman

Bronze Supporter
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have an electronic ignition Hayward H350 gas heater and I'm having trouble for the first time this spring.

When I turn it on, the heater tries to light (I hear the ticking from the ignition) but no dice. After a while, I get the "IF" failure code. The gas is turned on and the first thing I did was remove all the gas ports and blow them out. 2 of them were blocked by spider webs. Re-installed and there is no improvement.

Also, I'm not sure if this is related but the Mode button seems to do nothing. I press it and it does not cause the heater to go into spa or pool mode. It stays with the Standby light on at all times. I'm pretty sure this was the case last year too and the heater still worked.

Any ideas?

IF is ignition failure. I had that code with my heater and had to replace the igniter. I recall the part was about $40. If you have the manual look up the IF code, if not a bit of searching online should lead you to a repair manual for the heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.