How to "float" a bottle of muratic acid

bigpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
Deep South
Hi to all. Am still working on bigpool. It is almost full and I am adding chemicals. Have a question about adding muratic acid. I read somewhere on this forum that you could "float" a bottle of acid. I have looked and looked and can't find it. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks so much. Love this site.

Beth

I don't recall ever reading about "floating" a bottle of MA myself. But if you are interested in the proper way of introducing it into the pool safely, then pour it slowly in front of an inlet and let it mix that way, not through the skimmer and in my preference not in the shallow end.

I was hoping for an easy way out. I usually just lay it on the side over an inlet in the deep end and leave until half is gone. Then I go back and squeeze the bottle to get the rest out. Can't stand the fumes...

I lower the gallon jug gently into the pool water (in front of a return) and the displacement of the water makes the jug almost weightless as it gets close to being submerged. (pretty close to floating) I then tip it on it's side so my length of pour from the jug opening to the pool surface is usually only a couple of inches. No splash, no strain. The caveat to that is my pool is large enough that I don't have to be very precise in my addition.....I can just eyeball the amount. I usually add in 1/4 to 1/2 gallon increments

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.