cstanton

Great site! We were looking at getting a pool a few years ago and I had originally found poolsolutions.com. Our plans changed and we postponed getting a pool. Recently we decided to pursue getting pool again and purchased one a week ago. I decided to return to poolsolutions.com and discovered the site was all but dead. I was very relieved to discover troublefreepool.com.

We are starting out with an Intex 12' x 24' metal frame/vinyl liner AG pool complete with pump and filter and may add a SWCG. We are located in the Pacific NW just outside of Portland, OR. I have never owned a pool before and am sure I will find the forum very useful.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Welcome Chris. Congratulations on your new pool.

You're in the right place to learn how to take care of it the right way.

There are lots of pros here willing to help with your questions. As a new pool owner myself, joining this forum has proved to be one of the best decisions I've made (other than buying the pool, of course).

Kevin

Chris, welcome to TFP!! :) ,

PF isn't dead yet, a lot of people still go there daily, however - with the admin MIA and new memberships unavailable, it's lost some of it's 'livliness'. I agree with you that this site is a 'Godsend' (and thank Sean for it) as it gives people like yourself a place to take your pool questions <and>.

Thanks for the welcome. I have a fence to move this weekend and the ground needs to be leveled. As soon as that is complete I can set up the pool. Hopefully I can finish it over the holiday weekend?

We got a great deal on the pool $250 off of craigslist (I hope). Everything appears to be there and I can find no holes or patches in the liner. We will see once I put water in it. Our goal is to try the pool out for a couple of years and if we get a lot of use out of it go with something permanent.

cstanton said:
Thanks for the welcome. I have a fence to move this weekend and the ground needs to be leveled. As soon as that is complete I can set up the pool. Hopefully I can finish it over the holiday weekend?

We got a great deal on the pool $250 off of craigslist (I hope). Everything appears to be there and I can find no holes or patches in the liner. We will see once I put water in it. Our goal is to try the pool out for a couple of years and if we get a lot of use out of it go with something permanent.
I doubt you will wait that long...We have a ball in ours and with the help of the users and the mods here you have a troublefreepool. (sorry couldnt help myself :roll: )
Steve