Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: cstanton

1. Back To Top    #1

cstanton

Great site! We were looking at getting a pool a few years ago and I had originally found poolsolutions.com. Our plans changed and we postponed getting a pool. Recently we decided to pursue getting pool again and purchased one a week ago. I decided to return to poolsolutions.com and discovered the site was all but dead. I was very relieved to discover troublefreepool.com.

We are starting out with an Intex 12' x 24' metal frame/vinyl liner AG pool complete with pump and filter and may add a SWCG. We are located in the Pacific NW just outside of Portland, OR. I have never owned a pool before and am sure I will find the forum very useful.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
    350 gal Outdoor Hot Tub
    2007 Marquis 641R
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome Chris. Congratulations on your new pool.

You're in the right place to learn how to take care of it the right way.

There are lots of pros here willing to help with your questions. As a new pool owner myself, joining this forum has proved to be one of the best decisions I've made (other than buying the pool, of course).

Kevin
    Foxx 18 x 36 IG Vinyl
    TR60 Sand Filter, Pentair Whisperflow 1hp
    Blue Pearl robotic cleaner

Burlington, North Carolina

3. Back To Top    #3
    Welcome! Hope you enjoy that pool. Here's to many days of clear and refreshing swims.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Welcome to TFP! There are many smart folks here (and some funny ones! )You will learn a lot!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

5. Back To Top    #5

Chris, welcome to TFP!! ,

PF isn't dead yet, a lot of people still go there daily, however - with the admin MIA and new memberships unavailable, it's lost some of it's 'livliness'. I agree with you that this site is a 'Godsend' (and thank Sean for it) as it gives people like yourself a place to take your pool questions <and>.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

6. Back To Top    #6
    Welcome, Chris! Glad you're here!
    Debbie

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi Chris! You're going to love having your own pool.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the welcome. I have a fence to move this weekend and the ground needs to be leveled. As soon as that is complete I can set up the pool. Hopefully I can finish it over the holiday weekend?

We got a great deal on the pool $250 off of craigslist (I hope). Everything appears to be there and I can find no holes or patches in the liner. We will see once I put water in it. Our goal is to try the pool out for a couple of years and if we get a lot of use out of it go with something permanent.
    350 gal Outdoor Hot Tub
    2007 Marquis 641R
    TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by cstanton
    Thanks for the welcome. I have a fence to move this weekend and the ground needs to be leveled. As soon as that is complete I can set up the pool. Hopefully I can finish it over the holiday weekend?

We got a great deal on the pool $250 off of craigslist (I hope). Everything appears to be there and I can find no holes or patches in the liner. We will see once I put water in it. Our goal is to try the pool out for a couple of years and if we get a lot of use out of it go with something permanent.
    I doubt you will wait that long...We have a ball in ours and with the help of the users and the mods here you have a troublefreepool. (sorry couldnt help myself )
    Steve
    Echo Canyon II by Artesian Pools, 13.5 KGal AG Round, 22" Artesian Sand Filter 2 hp Artesian pump
    Med Lab Tech for 12 years in E.TN
    Chem testing by Trouble Free Test Kits