LQ and pump run times

May 13, 2012
Currently my 1.5 HP Hayward single speed pump and 175 lb. sandfilter run 12 hours a day for my 13,500 gallon AGP. I am using the LQ as well. Does anyone have research on this to show what the best pump times are to maximize efficiency of the LQ, well consuming the least amount of chlorine?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Chlorine consumption does not depend on how much you run the pump. As far as the LQ goes, all that matters is that you run the pump enough so that it can deliver the required amount of chlorine in that time when turned all the way up.

Pump run time only needs to be enough to keep the water clear and met that minimum run time for the LQ, both of which are going to be a lot less than 12 hours a day in most pools.

Wow. I have run my pump noon to midnite for years. My thought was that it's getting chlorine during the heat of the day, and then during the first few hours of darkness. The hard part is dialing in the LQ to hold steady FAC readings from day to day

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.