How best to deal with backwash from a salt pool

TJNav

Jul 15, 2007
I'm also thinking about switching to salt and am very close to buying. However, a couple friends of mine have killed grass and other plants with the backwash. They were both able to alter their discharge area to reduce the effect. With the slope of my lot and being surrounded by other houses, I'm pretty much limited to the back yard lawn.

Has anyone had the same problem? Any tips on how best to deal with backwash from a salt pool? Thanks for any insight.

Tom

Thanks guys. I haven't seen any posts complaining of dead grass or dying shrubs but I was hesitant after hearing stories from my friends. One of them had new sod so maybe it was a little less tolerant.

Just trying to find the pitfalls before making the switch to salt. Will be installing soon!

Tom

I've got Sega Palms in sand and now that I see this topic, they did NOT like the backwash. A couple of days after the bw, the the leaves became yellow and droopy. We don't have grass so I can't speak to that. The next bw we will divert down the slope a different direction.

These forums are SO helpful!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.