New Pool Project for 2012, (ended up less pool more project)

Re: New Pool Project for 2012, (ended up less pool more proj

Hey everyone, :wave:

Hope you all had a great week, and are having an even better weekend so far!

We have had some wonderful weather, it has cooled off greatly, and we even got a nice rain shower the other day, still not a drought buster but we got quite a bit, they are calling for some more tomorrow, we will see, lol.

We had a pretty good week overall, got a few things done, mostly made some repairs and improvements around the house, but we did get out for a bit yesterday and today to work on the shed and furnace.

We got all the rust removed from the entire furnace today finally, and got 1 coat of paint on the whole thing, we were hoping to get a second coat put on but it was pretty late by the time we got the first coat done and since they are calling for more rain we decided to just hold off and finish it next week, (we have to wait for 72 hours now to put the next coat on).

At least we are getting closer finally, smiles, another good day and then let the paint dry and we should finally be ready to get the furnace in the shed, that will be a big load off our minds, once we get it set in place then we can start working on the flue and figuring out exactly what it is going to take to get the duct ran to the house.

After we finished with the furnace I worked on cleaning up in the shed and took some pics, but for some reason about half of the pics I took inside the shed all came out blurred, grrrrrrrr....anyway I was going to post what came out ok but Photobucket is not working tonight sooooooo, I will have to try again tomorrow.

Well that is about it for this post, wish I could have posted the pics but oh well.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!

Please Be Safe!

Cheers :cheers:

Hey Everyone, :wave:

Well I figured out what was wrong with PhotoBucket, seems we are being forced to change over to newer versions of everything, in this case my browser, ugggggggs.

Anyway I got the pics from yesterday uploaded finally, so here they are:

First 4 just showing the furnace since we moved it over in front of the shed and got it all cleaned up and at least 1 coat of paint on the whole thing.
0818121925a-O-1.jpg

0818121925b-O-1.jpg

0818121925-O-1.jpg

0818121926-O-1.jpg

This is a shot of the top for the furnace, I cleaned it up yesterday also.
0818122127a-O-1.jpg

The rest are just pics of the shed after I did some major cleaning in there, this is just half of what I took, the rest all came out blurred, so I deleted them and will take more later.
0818122127b-O.jpg

0818122127-O.jpg

The next 2 are showing how we mounted a couple of papertowel holders so the critters can't get to them and chew the towels up for a nest.
0818122128a-O.jpg

0818122128-O.jpg

Well that is about it for today, I might try and take some more pics later, or maybe tomorrow, although I doubt there will be much of anything noteworthy for a few days, the next step is to caulk around the bottom of the shed, and then get the final coats of paint on the furnace, but we can't do that until Wed., we could do it on Tuesday but I have to the VA in St. Louis go for an ultrasound of my heart, I have had a hole between the 2 upper chambers since I was born, and now they want to figure out just how big it is, (they are wanting to go in a close it), but this time they are going to go into my lung to try and get a better image of the hole.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful day and a Great week ahead!

Please Be Safe!

Well I have not had a very good week, got basically nothing done, they performed the heart echo from inside my right lung on Tuesday, and I haven't felt worth 2 cents since.

They assured me that it was a simple procedure, and that most people layed there and watched the monitor, (conscious sedation), well I am here to tell ya, it is not simple and it does HURT, they ended up giving me more knock out drug several times and I guess they finally put me all the way out, shrugs, all I know is I did fight with them several times.

Today is the first day my throat has not hurt, but I still feel like &*@$.

Well enough rant from me for the day.

I will post again if I make any progress.

Wishing you felt better!!

I know that is why I am skeptical when they tell you it is "only a simple test".

I had outpatient surgery (should be a snap so the doctor said) a few years back. Yea, right! I ended up having to be admitted for several days afterward. Apparently it wasn't such a "snap" for me. :grrrr:

poolgranny said:
Wishing you felt better!!
Smiles, TY.

I didn't feel bad until they did the test, uggggggggs.

I have known all my life that I have a hole between the 2 upper chambers of my heart, and so far it has not caused me any problems, however, it seems the older I get the more chances I have for it to cause a problem.

They have done several ultra sounds and other tests, but they only show the hole, not how big it is, and that is what this test was supposed to tell them, what they told me is that by doing the scan from inside my lung they could get a better picture of it.

At any rate this is the second time I have had the conscious sedation for a procedure, and I didn't handle either one well at all, soooooo when the time comes, (and I know it is coming), for them to repair the hole I am going to insist they put me all the way out from the start, the last thing I need is to have them attempt to work on my heart and me not tolerate the procedure and start fighting with them.

I know they don't put people out as a rule for stuff like stints, and I am betting they are going to try and tell me that is how it is done all the time, but so far the hole hasn't killed me, so either they put me out or I will live with the hole, I figure I will live longer that way than if I have issues while they are messing with my heart, (which BTW I am not too fond of anyway), I am the kind of person that if it isn't broken then don't fix it.

poolgranny said:
I know that is why I am skeptical when they tell you it is "only a simple test".

I had outpatient surgery (should be a snap so the doctor said) a few years back. Yea, right! I ended up having to be admitted for several days afterward. Apparently it wasn't such a "snap" for me. :grrrr:
EXACTLY!!!

I do feel better so far this morning, have been up since 5am, already got another coat of paint on the furnace, and have everything all set to wheel it into the shed, (just waiting on our buddy to show up).

I will try and snap a few pics of the whole process....wouldn't it be great if I were posting pics of a pool going up?...sighs.

Well I hope Everyone has a WONDERFUL and SAFE weekend!

Hope you are all having a Wonderful Sat.! :whoot:

Well as stated in my previous post I am finally feeling some better, so we got a few things done today.... :whoot:

I was planning to take more pics showing how we got the furnace in the shed but it went so quick I blinked and missed it, lol.

I did get one of the dolly setup we made to move it around, and we got the top and sides put back on so I got a pic of that too.

This is just something we thew together so we could move the furnace around, 4 old casters we had laying around and some boards, nothing fancy, but it worked, Smiles.

The one board with the slots in it is so we could jack the furnace up and get everything else out from under it.
0825121021-O.jpg

Here it is with the sides and top put back on, still have all the heavy stuff, doors and grill on the inside, but we want to get it all set exactly where it will stay before we add all the extra weight.
0825121415-O.jpg

I just hate when we have a solid plan for doing something and then something jumps up and bites us in the backside, we didn't want to set the angle legs directly on the tiles, but it seems in order to have room for the 12" 90 degree round duct elbow on top of the furnace and have enough room to get the duct ran thru the wall we are going to have to take the boards out.

The walls are just an inch or two short, uggggggggs.

We thought we could go ahead and get the flue all hooked up, but now we are going to have to wait until we get the first elbow for the duct all connected so we are sure everything will work out.

Anyway, at least it is inside now, smiles.

K, enough babbling for now.

Please Be Safe and have a Super Great Weekend!!!!!!

P.S. Almost forgot, they came and hauled the old fridge off the front porch today, so in 4-6 weeks we should get the $35.00 out of that now, YEAAAAAAAAAA.

I hope everyone is off to a Great start to the week!

Also to all those in the path of the hurricane, you are in our Thoughts & Prayers!

We finally got a really nice long slow rain the other night, doubt it was enough to bust the drought, but it went a long way, and we are "supposed" to get around 5 inches from what will be left over from the hurricane here starting Friday morning.

We are pretty much done messing with the shed and pool area for now, we have the furnace inside but can't even get the flue hooked up until we can get the first 90 degree elbow for the ducting, we have to make sure where we have the furnace now will work before we poke a hole in the wall for the flue.

We had to repair a minor oil leak on the big Ford tractor today, hopefully what we have done will solve the problem, (won't know until tomorrow), but if it holds we are going to start cutting firewood tomorrow, the pond is pretty low and we have 2 trees that have blown over and have been in the shallow end of the water, but since it is down we can get into them pretty easy so we are hoping to get those drug out, and we have 2 or 3 more in the same area that are standing dead so hopefully we can drop and drag those while we are down there.

If we can get 2 or 3 weeks of good weather and no breakdowns then we should have enough wood cut to get us through the whole winter, (the last thing I want is to be out in freezing weather cutting firewood, been there done that, lol).

I will try and snap some pics of the wood cutting process for everyone to enjoy!

OK that is enough for now, mostly just wanted to let those folks in the path of the hurricane that we are thinking about them and Praying that everyone stays Safe and Well.

Everyone Please Be Safe!

Re: New to site and new pool project starting this year.

Hey everyone,

Well thought I would post a couple more pictures of our progress.

Not very much, having to dig up the clay and shuttle it about 250 yards from dig site to backyard is soooooooooo slow going..ugggggs.

Anyway we are making some progress, lol.

K the first 2 are where we are leveling the backyard, about half way there so far.

Pool-Stuff-002-O.jpg

Pool-Stuff-007-O.jpg

This is the pile of screenings we had delivered yesterday, (16 tons).

Pool-Stuff-008-O.jpg

The next 2 are closeups of the screenings, the rocks look bigger than they are.

Pool-Stuff-009-O.jpg

Here you can see how much really fine stuff is in it, basically dust.

Pool-Stuff-010-O.jpg

We got this from the local lime factory, it cost $85.00, the screenings were free just had to pay for the trucking.

Most quarries have something like this also, around here they charge $2.40/ton for the screenings, plus trucking.

This stuff is much better to use under a pool since it packs down and gets like concrete after it gets wet.

It will wash out like sand, just not as easy, but if you surround it with either earth or lumber it will stay put and makes a great foundaton for an AGP.

Enjoy
'

I not sure if I am

- - - Updated - - -

[h=3]Agricultural lime[/h]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.