AGP bottom rails..what keeps them together?

May 6, 2012
Endicott NY
What keeps the bottom rails together when putting up the wall?. I have not done this yet, but instructions just say when inserting the rails into the bottom plate, leave a 5/8 gap between the ends of the rails. I made 5/8 temporary spacers.. But the rails do not lock in, they just lay in the bracket. I'm going to use stakes on the outside, but seems like these would move all over the place with out locking together. Is it normal for the rails to just lay in the lower bracket? Maybe I'm just over thinking things...I just trying to cover everything.

Thanks,

Geo

the bottom plates hold them in place pretty well..but you are correct..they can move around..and this is good and bad at the same time....whe you put the wall up..you'll like that there is some give i the bottom rail. but you'll hate it when it moves when you don't want it to. So just be careful and watch where your bottom rail seams meet in the plates, because they can and will move.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.