Cement under an Intex pool?

May 25, 2012
We have an 12x24 Intex Ultra Frame pool. The last 2 summers, we had it sitting on outdoor carpet that was just on top of the grass/dirt held down by landscaping staples, but now that the carpet is beyond cleaning we are thinking of pouring a cement slab for the pool to sit on.

Has anyone done this? Or is it advised against. It would be nice and level, it would be much easier to clean than the outdoor carpet.

Please share your thought and ideas with me.
By the way, I just found this site, it is fabulous....I which I would have found it a few years ago!

I am sorry I guess I don't understand what you hate you doing? It is possible for you give a me a link to the post or article that you are referring to? Or maybe a title of the post so that I could search for it that way? I really need more information on this subject and would love to be pointed in the right direction.

Thank you

Here you go Lala:

can-i-put-my-18-intex-pool-on-a-concrete-slab-t44800.html?hilit=Intex%20pool%20on%20concrete

Also:
Q Can I set the pool up on a concrete patio?
A Yes. A ground cloth is highly recommended, do not drag liner across concrete as abrasions may cause holes. Surface must be level and stable.

Q What other surfaces can be safely used to set up my Intex Easy Set Pool?
A The Easy Set Pool can be set up on grass, compacted dirt, or pavement that is completely level and stable. A ground cloth or tarp is recommended. The pool should NOT be set up on sand or muddy ground that could possibly shift. It is NOT recommended to be set up on wooden decks.
http://sitincomfort.com/intexpoolfaq.html

Can I have a pool installed on concrete.

If so, what Type of pool? An Intex or regular steel wall pool.

Also, if I can install on concrete how can I make that area
level? There is a slight pitch there for drainage.

Thanks, Steve

Hi Steve. An Intex Pool would install nicely on concrete, all you would need would be a pool pad of some sort to set it on. The only problem is that there is no way I can think of to level the area.

Installing a standard steel wall above ground pool on un-level concrete, however, is pretty easy. Once the bottom rail and footplates are assembled roofing shingles can be placed under the track as levelers. It's best to use a transit while doing this so that the pool turns out perfectly level.

The shingles allow you to raise and lower the bottom rail gradually simply by adding and removing the layers of shingle used. I recommend leaving enough shingle on the inside of the pool to support the preformed pool cove you should be using.

Using preformed pool cove and a pool pad when installing a vinyl lined pool on concrete is highly recommended. If the level is not to far off this would work fine. If you are talking inches off, you might consider bringing in sand for the pool base. Doing this would allow you to level the interior of the pool as well as the outer rim. It's the outer rim that's critical, but the liner will install better if the pool base is level also.
http://www.shadebuilder.com/installing- ... crete.html

Hope this helps :)

Jen

We have a 24 ft round vinyl sided pro series pool and have it on a big cement area. But what my husband did was leave the center dug down and filled it with sand. So only the support braces and a few inches of the bottom of the pool is on concrete. So it saved us a ton on that extra concrete it would have taken and the bottom is safe from being torn up cause its on a bed of sand. Just remember to really get that sand deep and thicker up cause once you start adding all that water it sure compresses. My husband told my friend and I when we were raking the sand to leave it a four or more inches above the concrete level so it worked great when the water was added it ended up being level with the cement pad. Good luck!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.