any transporting rules for bleach?

I can't tell you about Canada, but in the U.S. it is exempted from Hazmat regulation as a consumer commodity. (at least for 6%), for 12% it is a gray area, at worst it would require carrying hazmat paperwork that identifies the substance, and a limit of under 1,000 pounds for drivers without a CDL with Hazmat endorcement.

Ike

p.s. my family has a janitorial and cleaning supply business, so I have a fair amount of exposure to this type of question

I just wanted to add that people should cosider safety, not just legallity when transporting bleach or liquid chlorine. You would want it secured in an area seperate from the passenger compartment, as I am sure getting soaked with gallons of bleach in the event of an accident would not be pleasant to say the least.

None..The only safety hazard is handling it..Watch the splash-up when you are pouring in...Make sure you wash yourself off..Had some bleach 6% splash up in my face around my mouth..Burn'd a spot on my lip..Had to go to the skin doctor to have it taken care of .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.