Pentair Intelliflo VS Installation with Polaris

Apr 23, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
I am considering installing the Pentair Intelliflo VS Variable speed pump (Model 011018) to replace my single speed pump and doing the installation myself. I have a Polaris pool cleaner with its own booster pump. I currently have a control box with two manual timers, one for the pump and the other for the Polaris. My understanding is that the VS will be wired directly and not through the manual timer. How do I tie this new pump in with my Polaris to prevent it from running when the pool pump is turned off.

Jim,
I'm installing the same Intelliflo pump and also have a Polaris booster pump. I've never run my Polaris booster off a timer -- we manually turn it on/off with a switch that is only 'live' while the old pump had power. Once the Intelliflo is installed, I'll keep the same manual switch to control the booster.

Your case is similar to what I'll be doing to control my SWCG so that it is only on when the pump is running. The way to do that is with a current-sensing relay that monitors the Intelliflo. The relay is closed (supplying power to SWCG) when the Intelliflo runs and open (no power to SWCG) when the Intelliflo is off.

You can read the basics posted by user "susa" here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/how-...nt-control-relay-t28298.html?hilit=macromatic

While susa used the current control relay to control his chlorine generator, you should be able to use the same technique to control your booster pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.