My new Compupool and a few questions

Apr 1, 2007
MD
Hello,

Just got my new Compupool SWG and want to install it. The installation looks pretty easy to me so far. Before I install it I tested the water and here are the results.

Pool is an inground vinyl liner. Not sure of the gallons and could use some help figuring that out. There are too many angles and variables for me to even know where to begin. I have included some pictures with measurements if you can help that would be great. Pool depth in shallow end is 37" and the deep end is 96" and the slope to the deep end starts after 8' of shallow end.

FC .5 ppm (added 4 jugs of bleach to correct that already)
PH 7.8 (I think I need to lower a little bit)
TA 220 ( I think I need some help here !!!!)
CH 0( Looking good here)
CYA Less than 20 ( May need some Stabilizer to correct this)
Salt (Getting the test strips today but have added about ten 40lb bags this week.)

Can I install the SWG now or wait until I get these numbers closer?
Any hints on getting the TA down lower pretty quick?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Attachments

• Pool1.JPG
    Pool1.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Pool2.JPG
    Pool2.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Pool_measurments.jpg
    Pool_measurments.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 68
I suggest a starting estimate of 16,000 gallons.

You can go ahead and install the SWG, but don't turn it on until it has been 24 hours since the most recent salt addition, and don't count on it to maintain the FC level until CYA is up to at least 50.

There are instructions on lowering TA in Pool School. Briefly, you lower the PH to 7.2 every time it gets to 7.8. Adding a source of aeration (fountain, waterfall, return jets pointed up so they break the surface, etc) will speed up the process.

The recommended CYA level for use with a SWG is between 70 and 80. But don't go up to that level all at once. I suggest aiming for 50 to start, give it a week, test again, and continue adjusting from there.

Remember that your starting salt level is likely to be above zero. Either gets a salt test to measure the salt level or get the SWG to measure it (if your unit has that feature).

Keep in mind that your SWG is going to drive your pH up, so your MA additions should help bring that TA down.

The CompuPool unit is easy to install. Make sure you know whether you have 110 or 220 where you are going to install it, and re-jumper the power supply if needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.