Done with Shock, first full test! HELP!

Last night I lost no chlorine (20ppm) Pool is clear, can see bottom. Crystal clear no. When I was vacuuming I saw the bottom fine. And when the sun was out, you saw the sun glisten on the bottom.
Anyway, I ran my first "FULL" test. TBH I am taking my CYA a little slow so I don't go over target (50). I did notice while I have the nylon sock in with the CYA my pool gets cloudy. Is this normal?
Moving on, How do I know what my target should be in TA, and CH? Probs. a noob question, lol. :hammer:

So here we go.......

FC 9.5 (lost a lot today, had cover off and let kids swim, you know how they NAG!)
Ph 7.3
TA 180
CH 150
CYA 32-33 (its hard to estimate when its in between)

So there is my noobish first test! At least I know Memorial Day weekend we will be swimming! Calling for 90's all weekend!!!

Thanks a parts per million!!! :lol:
Mary

If your pool is not crystal clear don't stop shocking now. Keep going until it is. Also, what is your CC level it needs to be below 0.5 ppm. You did not pass all three shocking criteria (see my sig). Most likely it will clear quickly, but don't take the chance that you still have algae and let it take over your pool.

I added some CYA yesterday, could that keep it from not being crystal clear? (not dissolved yet?) I do my OCLT at the same time every morning give or take a half- hour. And test the same time every night. Filter has been running 24/7, and I have cleaned it once a day, twice when I vacuum. I am keeping up on it. I hate to add all that chlorine (bleach again) I did not add any today because I thought cuz I lost none over night I was good?

maryj0w said:
I added some CYA yesterday, could that keep it from not being crystal clear? (not dissolved yet?)
Unlikely.
maryj0w said:
Filter has been running 24/7, and I have cleaned it once a day, twice when I vacuum.
You should clean your filter when the pressure goes up 25% from the clean filter pressure or when your flow at a return has noticeably decreased from the clean filter flow.

maryj0w said:
I hate to add all that chlorine (bleach again) I did not add any today because I thought cuz I lost none over night I was good?
If it was my pool I would since the water is not clear and I would not want to go backwards and end up having to do the shock process all over again. We have three criteria for the end of the shock process since passing all three is a good indication of a algae/organics free pool, but one or two could look okay, but the pool could still have organics. Hopefully, it won't take too long for you to pass all three.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.