My dog ate my pool

LS1M

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, TX
ripped.jpg

Any suggestions?
-Mark

Well, as you can see, the poles are on concrete blocks. If I screwed the poles down so they don't pop out, and took OUT the rope & the big blue thing, would that work? Does the liner need that blue thing, or is it (and the rope) only there to keep the legs from popping out?

The dog is fine. She's a 5mo old yellow lab with too much energy. So I played fetch with her until she wouldn't get the ball any more. She's collapsed on the floor now panting...

Thread title is misleading. That's not a "dog ate my pool" photo. That's just a "dog mildly chewed my pool" photo.

My dog ate our pool. I literally would have needed a 5 foot patch to patch the hole. Lucky for us it was only a $99 8 footer. It was during winter when the pool was still up, but drained.

Yes, ours was also a less-than-year old yellow Lab as well. They can be buggers. Killed 2 apple trees (completely stripped every inch of bark off both from about 6 feet height to the ground,) chewed a hole in the breezeway paneling and literally halfway through one of the wall studs behind that paneling, a 5 foot hole in the Intex pool, countless tears from the girls at toddler age when all they would find of their stuffed animals was an eye, or half a nose, countless shoes, etc, etc.

OMG! :shock: I feel your pain.... (or in my case) rage. I have a soon to be 1 year old German Rottweiler (rottenweiler as I like to call her) who ripped the siding off of our house just last week in a single game of tug of war. She won. I was so mad!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can't say a dog ate mine, but I keep getting squirrel attacks. just found one last Thursday floating in my pool. second one in 3 years. this time it chewed the line to my pool slide after I had just checked a couple days earlier.

docchop1 said:
Tie one end of the big blue band in a knot. Tie the other end of the big blue band in a knot. Tie a short rope to the first big blue band knot. Take up slack and tie the rope to the other big blue band knot. Repeat on bottom rope. :goodjob:

I like parts of this solution but I would tie big ole knots in the banding that is left and use a ratchet scrap to span the gap.

Sam is one handsome dude! And Casey--I too, had Rottenweillers. Tucker, my first one ate my walls down to the studs when he was a youngster. When he was just under a year old I got another and he picked up where Tuck left off. After $1500 worth of repairs and the "boys" maturing some everything looked brand new again.

Debbie, Boo is my second and I never had this rotten-ness with my first male rotty. She will be a year old on June 15th and she is so lucky I think she is cute! :flower:

I fixed it. The blue plastic band I rotated around so the gap was at the back (out of sight). I then took docchop1's advice and tied the frayed ends in a knot, and used a strap to pull the ends tight. Along the bottom, I pulled out the rope & replaced with 3/16" plastic-coated steel cable. I don't think she'll get through that (I hope).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.