repairing punched holes in solar cover

patplh

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2009
Massachusetts
i bought one of the solar rollers for free-form pools and i need to adjust where i attach the pole to the cover because the pole can't handle the weight of my cover. I'll need to punch new holes in the cover and i'm wondering if there's a tape i can use to close up the first set of holes i punched.. they aren't huge holes, but the new holes might be close to the old ones and i just want to give it a little extra strength. i was thinking duct tape, of course, since that's fix-it for most.. but wondered if people had success with other tapes.

thanks,
patty

I've had great success using a product called Tuck Tape but it has two drawbacks: expensive and bright red. It's designed to seal the poly vapour barrier in construction (when you seal the clear poly sheeting to the floor/ceiling behind drywall). If you don't mind the look of a red patch, this tape is flexible, extremely waterproof, and sticks like crazy.

In years when I just wanted my solar cover to limp through the season I've used it to repair large tears as well as small holes. I'm going to affix it to the underside of my next new blanket to reinforce where the webbing strips attach: generally this is the first place my blankets tear, and the red won't be as visible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.