What is this?

I'm not sure, it could be pollen. I've been getting plenty of it in my pool lately. That stuff is actually the least of your worries right now. Your CC is 3.4 and CYA is 100... that's not good. I highly recommend taking those chlorine pucks out of your pool ASAP. Every one you use is adding more CYA to your water. You need to do a partial drain anf refill to lower your CYA, then start shocking your pool.

Looks like saw dust or maybe just dust.

Based on your test results, you have significant CC and should be in the shock process ... which is going to be difficult with a CYA of 100 (and likely higher since that is the max on the test ... try mixing 50/50 pool and tap water and then redo the CYA test doubling the results to get a little better feel how high it really is).

Samantha_in_AL said:
I'm not sure, it could be pollen. I've been getting plenty of it in my pool lately. That stuff is actually the least of your worries right now. Your CC is 3.4 and CYA is 100... that's not good. I highly recommend taking those chlorine pucks out of your pool ASAP. Every one you use is adding more CYA to your water. You need to do a partial drain anf refill to lower your CYA, then start shocking your pool.

When draining, is it bad to use the water to irrigate lawn?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.