Charlotte NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Monarch ESC36 / ESC8000
Came up with my own way, home grown water clarity test. I tossed a dime into the deep end and observed. Easily was able to see that it was heads and coined in 1994. Issue is that I can't make out the mint mark. Should I be concerned or even panic and go buy some "snake oil" from the local pool stealer?? Please advise...the anxiety is overwhelming!!! :mrgreen:

I think some clarifier (39.99) and some flock will help that. Then you'll have to vacuum to waste and now all your chemistry will be off and we can sell you some more chemicals to help balance the water. Make sure your adding weekly doses of algaecide, phosphate remover, shock, clarifier, and don't forget to use our fancy supreme plus to help your water feel soft.

Do you think I covered everything?

MNPoolDreamer said:
I think some clarifier (39.99) and some flock will help that. Then you'll have to vacuum to waste and now all your chemistry will be off and we can sell you some more chemicals to help balance the water. Make sure your adding weekly doses of algaecide, phosphate remover, shock, clarifier, and don't forget to use our fancy supreme plus to help your water feel soft.

Do you think I covered everything?
...................You left out the metal sequestrant cause he's throwin' nickles in his pool!....................................

Heard that 4 bags of Kitty Litter would help the filter. And...I should dump the acid from my car battery in the pool to adjust something... Going to aerate with a Johnson Outboard engine....should that "fix" me??? Pool store said I need calcium...spoiled milk work???

samiguy said:
Going to aerate with a Johnson Outboard engine....
Only if it's a 2-cycle! You're also going to need some of our Super Pool Rx to break the oil down, and then some Super ShockyFloc to drop the stuff to the bottom and then some Super SlickyVac so it doesn't stick to your vac hose when you vacuum it to waste. But since you have a cartridge filter you can't vacuum to waste so you'll need our Super Service Guy to come out and add a waste line all the way back to the waste processing plant! That should take care of it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You need to clean that water. A couple pounds of Tide detergent ought to do it. Check the phosphates; if they're below 5000, add lawn fertilizer to bring it up. Then shut everything down and let the pool "work" for a week. If you're in a hurry, tell the kids to use the pool if they only need to go number one.

:mrgreen:

You guys are the best!! All this help and I'm sure I will have a sparkling oasis real soon!! Found out that Sakrete has calcium in it..so...how many bags you think I should add to this wonderul solution I have bubbling in my back yard now?? Can't wait for my mother-in-law to enjoy!!!!
By the way...should I be concerned that there is a little bit of smoke coming off the water???

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.