SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
First time post been trying to read up. I bought the TF100

FC- 4.5
CC- .5
T/A- 100
Cya- 28
PH-7.5

If you are looking for feedback on your test results some more info would be useful, such as the kind of filter and what type of chlorine you are using (bleach, pucks, SWG, etc.) This Sticky can give you some guidelines on the info to include (you can put the info about your pool and equipment in your signature so you don't have to type it each time.)

As far as your current test results go you have enough CC to warrant shocking. Also, how did you get a CYA of 28? Is that from a strip reader or a colorimeter?

Waterbear thank you. I see you are just down the road I appreciate the help.

The pool is not totally done yet but I got the filter working and wanted to get a jump start on the chemistry. I tried to use the colormeter test but I am not really sure about that number it maybe a little lower. When I first did the CYA test came up blank so i added a little stabalizer to the skimmer dumped in 3 gallons of bleach then did the test again the next day.

I will try to shock again this morning or tonight.

Howdy neighbor! I live in North Beach! I assume the test kit is a TF100 (don't know what a TA-1000 might be). If so just ask how to do any of the tests you might be having trouble with and you will get more than enough help. BTW, who is building your pool?

waterbear said:
Howdy neighbor! I live in North Beach! I assume the test kit is a TF100 (don't know what a TA-1000 might be). If so just ask how to do any of the tests you might be having trouble with and you will get more than enough help. BTW, who is building your pool?

Sorry about that yes the one from this site.

First Coast Viking Pools. The guy is a retired 3 star admiral and doing a greta job. He runs a tight ship.

I am just south of Julington Creek what pool store do you work I may stop buy.

Should I shock this morning or tonight and what level should I bring it up to.

Shocking to about 12-15 ppm should be fine with your CYA at about 30 ppm. Best time to shock is in the evening since the chlorine wont get burned off by the sun before it does it's job.

jjparrish said:
Welcome to TFP cval! :)

Looks like you are already in good hands..............and a neighbor to boot! Lucky you!

Okay, what about some pix? :wink:

I will post some later and and update with the progression.

Thank you for the welcome

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.