ODD PH test color

May 21, 2012
York Pennsylvania
Been working on my PH and TA tweaking them in. Today with my Taylor K-2005 DPD kit, I got an orange color for my PH. Looked odd so I used an OTO kit and it to was orange also. Chemicals are fresh from Taylor. Is this 7.2 PH??? Or is something going wrong?

Orange like an orange.

FC 6
PH ?
TA 90
Cya 40 to 60. Still working on doing that test correctly :)
CH 250

Do you have R-0006 to do a base test? You can use that to hopefully find out what you'd need to add. And from there you'd subtract. If that makes any sense. Meaning if you have to add 2 and get a nice 7.6 reading you'd know that the "orange" is 7.4 for example. Use the taylor book for instructions on base and acid demand test.

Linkterfur, Drops of acid/base demand reagent do not correspond to any particular PH change. Depending on other factors one drop of acid/base demand reagent could be a tiny change in PH or a huge change in PH.

JasonLion said:
Linkterfur, Drops of acid/base demand reagent do not correspond to any particular PH change. Depending on other factors one drop of acid/base demand reagent could be a tiny change in PH or a huge change in PH.

Oh wow thanks. That's actually good to know, I personally don't even bother to use them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.