My first summerization, and algae battle!

Feb 26, 2012
Stowe, VT
I just wanted to post here about my recent successful (almost actually not all the way) story. I work in the hospitality business and was hired to deal with the 2 pools and hot tub. I've always worked on indoor pools in the past but never had I needed to open an outdoor pool, and when I took that cover off all I could say was "What the heck" - that's the PG rating anyway. It was literally a swamp with bugs swimming in it, a dead frog, and about a tree's worth of leaves. Being a smart fella I jumped on to TFP and read up Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparking Oasis and started a journey which I never wish to walk again.

I followed this post verbatim and with an near end result of a nice crisp looking pool. So a big thank you everybody that contributes here, couldn't have done it without you. With the combined knowledge that I've read here and from past experiences I think I can handle just about any problem that a pool can throw at me ( :lol: maybe ).

So without wasting too much more time I'll post the pictures I've taken so far and will continue to post until I'm through.

[center:23vjhu4c]Day 1
photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

Day 2
photo1.jpg

photo-5.jpg

Day 3
photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg
[/center:23vjhu4c]

[edit] Added Day 3.

jblizzle said:
I was actually expecting a MUCH worse Day 1 picture based on the description and some pools we have seen.

Amazing the change to Day 2 ... nice work!!!

Thanks I spent my full 8 hour shift shocking/brushing etc. because my boss has crazy expectations as to when it's going to be ready (like 2-3 days, ha). The reason it looks as it does was because this was taken after I skimmed the leaves and bugs, but before I brushed the algae, and I've definitely seen worse but it only pictures, it only seems much worse when it happens to you. :grrrr:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.