Suggestion for ENERGY EFFICIENT pool cleaner

wowser

Sep 11, 2010
Hi,
Electricity rates in Southern Cali are very high, so I got an Intelliflow pump which I love. Keep it at 130 watts all day and into the eve. Just picked up a Polaris 360 which I hate. I need to ramp up the pump to 1600 watts just to run the thing and it spends a third the time either backing up or stuck against a wall. It seems to waste a lot of energy as there is a tremendous back pressure that is needed to run. The 360 was to replace an aging Hayward Navigator which worked really well on my small bathtub/pool (9000 gallons). But I lost the skimming action and I'd like to have that back.

Any suggestions on:
Some type of skimmer replacement so I can keep my Hayward (tried that dirt devil thing that didn't work well)
Another vac that works as good and is as energy efficient
Another option. I have a vac port that I can plum in (used to have a Polaris with booster before I bought house)

I'd rather not spend $1000 on an automated vac and I am too lazy to drop in and pull out every few days (hey, at least I admit it) :wink:

Pool is a 9000 gallon with attached spa flow over, Intelliflow pump, three returns, one skimmer, Hayward Navigator cleaner, salt system (I don't use anymore, back to pucks, just easier), solar panels on roof I manually turn on on hot days.

Get a Smartpool NC71 Wall Scrubber 60

150 watts max, all electric, not suction or pressure hoses needed. I run two sessions a day, each session is 3 hours.

The pool has NEVER been cleaner, super nice to use a spotless pool.

Your intelliflo pump can stay at 130 watts and you can shorten the run time, because the robot is filtering all the dirt right at the surface.

It was pouring rain here yesterday, but I was vacuum the pool for 3 hours and watching a movie (I never got wet).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.