Sand filter to summer escapes pool? Compatible?

Welcome to TFP!

What filter do you have? If you could post some pictures of the filter and hose connections it might help those of us not familiar with the pool.

It is doable as that's what I had. Search on my userid and it should take you to some threads that will explain the process. Basically I cut the pool to fit the included adapters.

Flash10325 said:
We really don't want to cut our pool if possible. At this point we have clamped through the old filter system. Took the impeller out of the motor. Hoping this works

what kind of luck have you had with using the old pump? I'm trying it and it's not working as well as I think it should. Especially when trying to vacuum.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
after a couple of days now, I'm really happy with mine. I'm hooked up to the old filter pump port and although it seem like a bottleneck at that point, I'm still getting really great flow. My pool is clear as can be (better than it ever stayed before). I'm able to vacuum what little is left on the pool floor in just a couple of min. The vacuum suction is not what I expected but I can see being able to manage the pool under current conditions. I'm not sure what the problem is when I vacuum, under normal filtering the pump basket is full and shows strong flow. When I attach the skimmer vacuum plate, I get strong flow for a few seconds an the the flow from the jet going into the pool slows just a little better than a trickle and the pump basket is only about half filled, as if it was no longer primed. Is that common?

Flash10325 said:
I dunno, but when I vacuum I will connect inside the filter at the bottom, rather than to the hose attachment you set in top

I was not sure of the place you were talking about attaching to, but I decided to try to see if I could find a more direct connection. the only place I could think that you meant was inside the skimmer where the old pump protrudes through the bottom. My vacuum hose would not fit over it but would fit snugly into the inside diameter of the pump port. I have to say it was way better, in fact it sucked my hose flat and now that is my next dilemma, finding a vacuum hose that won't collapse. Thanks for the tip and I guess the skimmer plate is just a bad way of doing it. Thanks to everyone else that has helped with comments.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.