Cartridge cleaning question

rkgdmd

Nov 25, 2007
Rockland County, NY
Hi All

My filter psi is normally about 12. After a AA treatment I noticed the pressure was at 16 so I decided to clean the two carts in my Sta-Rite 500sf filter. Tons of junk from a messy opening, but the last time I did this I remember being able to get the pleats much "whiter"....certainly not like new, but noticeably cleaner. This time the pleats remained a fairly dark brown after all the other debris was washed away. This is our fifth season. Is it possible I just need a more aggressive cleaning via the overnight soak in TSP? Can iron or iron precipitates clog the filter material? Thanks

The most important thing is the pressure after cleaning. Did it drop back to 12psi? If it did, and you don't see a shortened cleaning interval, you are probably fine. If the pressure is high or the cartridges need cleaning often, you may need to do a soak, or even possibly a soak and acid wash if your calcium level is high.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.