CYA Quick question.

It could take up to a week for it to show up accurately on the test. That statement is to save you headaches in case it doesn't show up quickly and to save you reagent by not having you test it for a week. I've used the CYA from Walmart and had it show up the next day, but you can't count on that with some brands.

Different water chemistry results in different CYA dissolution rates. The week is just enough time to be sure it's all dissolved. If you know your pool volume and know how much you added, you should be able to tell when it is all dissolved by the test.

Thanks for the quick replies. If anything, in the BBB system is tricky to me its the CYA. I will wait a whole week and test again. As I see my shocking days are almost over, as I am almost at losing 1ppm of chlorine over night. (only lost 2.5 ppm last night) We have a weekend of 90 degree weather coming up, and I hope to be enjoying the crystal clear waters!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.