cya with the talyor k-2006

ric

Apr 27, 2007
Ohio
Hi all I'm working with the cyanuric acid test and it has 2 scales on the back of the tube one is cya and the other is ml i get 50 cya and the ml is about 5 what is this ml scale for? i'm starting to feel real stupid at this point because I bought strips and they indicate below 1 ppm cya I think I'm reading the tayler kit wrong. what would i be doing wrong. Taler says read comparator tube at liquid level on the back and record reading as parts pr million as i did and get 50 but checking whith strips i get less then 10 over and over. I'm not saying the strips are right but I realy think I'm missing somthing. signed Duuu

ric said:
Hi all I'm working with the cyanuric acid test and it has 2 scales on the back of the tube one is cya and the other is ml i get 50 cya and the ml is about 5 what is this ml scale for? i'm starting to feel real stupid at this point because I bought strips and they indicate below 1 ppm cya I think I'm reading the tayler kit wrong. what would i be doing wrong. Taler says read comparator tube at liquid level on the back and record reading as parts pr million as i did and get 50 but checking whith strips i get less then 10 over and over. I'm not saying the strips are right but I realy think I'm missing somthing. signed Duuu

ml = Milliliter.
You can run two test on that same tube. When you test for chlorine, you fill the tube to 9ml (milliliter) and then perform the test. Its just the amount or water needed to perform the CL test.

When you test for CYA, you use the plain numbers in the back to read the PPM of CYA. So if you are testing for CYA and the black dot is no longer visitble at 50, that means your CYA is at 50PPM.

The color comparator block in your kit is basically the same one used in the K-2005 which has a different test for chlorine and uses a color comparator. The ml markings are used with this test. You can disregard them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.