Skimmer location from liner track

jduies

Apr 10, 2012
Hello again: I'm still restoring a 62 year old concrete pool... Once finished it will have a vinyl liner. I am installing an new skimmer, and am wondering how much space I should have from the top of the skimmer face plate to the liner track. I have some flexibility on the skimmer location (now), but once it's mortared in, it's mortared in. I imagine more space between the top of the skimmer and the liner track is preferable, but I want the water level as high as possible on the pool wall. Suggestions?

I'm not having any luck in my attempts to shrink down the file size of the photo to an acceptable level, but I'm not sure that it would provide much insight as it's a bit complicated. Bama Rambler: I think we're on the same page--so the top of you skimmer faceplate is about 1" below the liner bead track, and there's liner in that 1" area? Just checking to be sure. I've added 4" block around the perimeter of my pool to make it deeper, and will have bullnose coping on top of the block, so I want the water level to be higher up on the (new, higher) wall.

Thanks again,
Jamie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.