Pool sample

Thanks! Great idea! I really appreciate your help. I've been in shock mode for a couple of days now. CC has never been more than 1, mostly 0.5 - but not able to hold OCLT yet. If my water is not sparkling though, I don't know what sparkling is... I usually get a lot of junk blown in my pool, so that may also be playing an effect. Have you seen pools where you simply cannot ever meet the OCLT?

Ok, thanks. Just checking... I was indoctrinated in the pool store method of pool care and have only recently found this forum. I'm having to relearn some things, so I'm sure I'm just getting a little impatient. This is my first attempt at shocking, so I'm a little unsure of myself. Having my TF-100 sure has saved a lot of trips (and unnecessary purchases) from the pool shop.

Woohoo!! Water is crystal clear, CC is less than 0.5, and passed the OCLT last night. Since normal testing only tests to about 0.5ppm, I'm assuming that's why you meet the 3 criteria?

How often should I expect to shock the pool? The pool store recommends shocking weekly, but they don't shock properly anyway. With the SWG, I was finding I could get by shocking every other week or so. Using the Pool School method, what might I expect for shocking intervals?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Smykowski is right on. This method of pool maintenance only uses the shocking process to fix problems and requires maintaining (generally) proper FC levels for normal operation, which then prevents organics from growing in the pool. If you end up needing to shock regularly, you are not following some portion of the method correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.